Innovation to Implementation: Emergent Student Affairs Practice through Praxis
Call for Session Proposals
About the Conference: Innovation to Implementation: Emergent Student Affairs Practice through Praxis is a one day conference held this spring at Binghamton University for graduate students in student affairs programs as well as current student affairs practitioners. The conference features a diverse range of presentations and perspectives from an array of institutional and organizational types.
Call for Presentations and Posters:
The 2015 Student Affairs Day Committee is seeking session proposals which feature innovative Student Affairs praxis. Sessions and posters can focus on ideas that may still be in development, pilot programs, and new programs you have already benchmarked which are informed by theory, research, and practice. Presenting is a great opportunity for new, mid-career, and seasoned practitioners to share knowledge by bringing their concepts to an audience of their peers and crowd source for ideas and implementation strategies, as well as workshop their national conference presentations. Sessions may be 50 minutes in length and are open to all conference participants, with audience sizes ranging generally from 30-50. A good session covers one topic in depth, rather than giving an overview of many topics. Posters will be displayed throughout the conference and there will be a session for those who showcase a poster to meet and answer questions of attendees.
Highlighted topics may include:
- The integration of academic and student affairs practice
- Transformative student engagement
- Faculty engagement and program development
- Student Affairs Professionals in the Classroom
The committee invites session proposals that:
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Collaborative benchmarking is desired
- Use multimedia approaches, including video, audio, etc.
- Are approximately 50 minutes in length
- With formats such as research or program poster, roundtable discussion or interactive workshop
Stay tuned for more details!